ACAMAR 7: Australia-China Workshop on Astrophysics
Announcement of ACAMAR 7 Workshop to ASA
| July 23, 2021, 9:28 a.m.
The 7th ACAMAR Workshop (ACAMAR7) will be held between the 9th and 11th of November 2021. Due to COVID-19 restrictions on international travel, this workshop will be a hybrid event – with face-to-face sessions at the following two venues and an online connection between them for the duration of the workshop:
- For delegates based in Australia: the workshop will be held at The Vines Resort, Swan Valley, Western Australia.
- For delegates based in China: the workshop will be held at The Ramada Wyndham Pearl, Guangzhou.
Please note: The above arrangements are subject to change due to COVID-19. The sessions will adjust to online only (via Zoom) if travel restrictions are in place during the workshop period.
ACAMAR7 abstract submission and registration details can be found by clicking on this link.
The focus of this workshop will be: Antarctic astronomy, radio astronomy (including SKA, ASKAP, MWA, and FAST), optical instrumentation, gravitational wave astronomy, big data challenges, and theoretical astrophysics. The workshop will also build on the relationships and outcomes of the previous workshops in the ACAMAR series.
- Abstract and Poster Submission closing date: 30 September 2021
- Registration closing date: 8 October 2021
- Program release date: 18 October 2021
- ACAMAR7 Workshop: 9-11 November 2021
- The Best Australian Presentation Award: $1,000 (AUD)
- The Best Chinese Presentation Award: $1,000 (AUD)
- The Best Australian Poster Award: $1,000 (AUD)
- The Best Chinese Poster Award: $1,000 (AUD)
No fee – ACAMAR7 is a free workshop event.
We have reserved a block of rooms for Australian and Chinese ACAMAR7 delegates:
- For delegates based in Australia: please click on this link to book.
- For delegates based in China: please contact Dr. Lin Li to reserve your accommodation.
We hope to see you at the ACAMAR7 workshop!